Wednesday 26 August 2015

Celine Dion's husband battles with throat cancer and wants to die in her arms


                                 Celine Dion and husband René (justjared.com)


René Angélil, husband to Celine Dion who is battling with throat cancer has said he wants to die in her arms. Celine recently returned to her residence at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas after taking a year long hiatus to care for her husband.

Read more after the cut....



Celine was recalling a heart breaking conversation with her husband told USA Today, ''I'll say, You're scared? I understand. Talk to me about it'' and René says ''I want to die in your arms'', Ok fine I'll be there, you'll die in my arms'' . 

The couple have been married since 1994 and she explained that it was her husband who encouraged her to return to Las Vegas to do what she loves -performing.

Celine revealed ''Don't forget, he's been the leader of the band all my life. So it (hacks) him off to not see me all day and over here working. But he wants me to do this, do the show, do the interviews. But he freaks when i'm not home with him, too.

''I didn't want to be here first. I don't need it. Don't get me wrong. I love singing for people, but I have priorities, but René really gave me a gift.

''All my grieving, it was during this last year. I think I've got this, for now. When it hits me, its going to hit me. But my biggest job is to tell me husband, we're fine. I'll take care of our kids. You'll watch us from another spot''

She added that her first show will be ''fragile' admitting: 'There will be moments of emptiness, laughter, awkwardness, tearing up, but that the point of coming back-otherwise, I just release an album''

She want to show that she's there for René by returning to perform.

''When you see someone who is fighting so hard, it has a big impact on you. You have two choices. You look at your husband that's sick and you say, ''I got you. I got it. I'm here. Its going to be just fine''


The couple have sons Eddy, Nelson and René -Charles together.








source:UStoday

No comments:

Post a Comment