Monday 26 October 2015

Majek Fashek says drugs and alcohol are part of a musician's lifestyle


                                                        Majek Fashek (youtube)


Reggae singer, Majekodunmi Fasheke, popularly called Majek Fashek who came out of rehab recently spoke to journalists about his struggle with drugs and alcohol.

Read more after the cut...


According to Daily Post, the Rainmaker has said he's happy to be among the living.

He said:

“To fully explain what the rehab was to me, I have a song titled, a living dog is better than a dead lion. It captures how I feel. I give thanks to the Most High for where I am today.
For me, it was an opportunity to dry out. They say recovering addicts return from rehab dry, but, somehow, after a month or a year they go back to their old habit but I must say I have been vilified. I have heard people say all sorts of things about me, but I need people to understand that stress can make anyone do anything. It is true that I have an addiction, but I trust that I will be fine."

Speaking on the lifestyle of musicians, he said:

"Growing up, I never tasted alcohol or smoke but you know, it is actually part of the lifestyle of a performing musician.

You must be high. But now, I am working on an alternative form of inspiration. And I am not the only one. In many genres of music, from reggae to rock, one needs to be high to play some rock songs.”
For certain genres of music, you must be high, like highlife, rock music, reggae. For a man like Bob Marley to maintain that level, it must not have been easy. But I have calmed down, and will find a way. Now I am cold, very cold. I will try to do music without using drugs."

He also had an advice for upcoming artistes:

“If you want to go far in music, as an upcoming act, don’t womanise. Stay away from hard drugs and too much alcohol.

It is one thing to go into rehab and another to come out. The doctors gave me first class treatment, but God healed me, and I give him the credit. Only God and the Lord Jesus Christ can deliver.

The good thing about rehab for me is that it helped to right my image.”





source:pulseng

No comments:

Post a Comment